What to Add to Your Emergency Supply Cold and Flu Kit
Coming down with a cold or the flu can be pretty rough. The stuffy nose, congestion, cough, and the overall blah feeling you have when you’re sick is quite uncomfortable. Here are some tips from Air Innovations® on how to create an emergency supply kit filled with items to help you get through the cold and flu season.
Top 14 Items for Your Cold and Flu Kit
The next time you feel like you’re getting sick, grab your emergency cold and flu kit then find a cozy place to relax and binge watch some of your favorite TV shows while you rest and recouperate at home. Here are some of our recommendations for items to add to your emergency survival kit.
1. Humidifiers: A humidifier will help keep the air you breathe from being too dry. This is one of the number one items to have in your emergency kit when you’re sick. Stuffy noses and congestion only worsen when the air is stale and dry. Air Innovations® makes a variety of different sizes and styles of humidifiers including the portable Compact Cool Mist Personal Humidifier that is perfect when traveling.
2. Diffuser: There are several essential oils that are great for cleansing the air. Not only can the oils help disinfect the air but essential oils such as lavender can help you sleep easy and breathe easy too. RevitaSpa Fragrance Oils can be used in any Air Innovations Aromatherapy Diffuser.
3. Plenty of Fluids: Liquids and clear fluids are really important to have on hand when you’re sick. Natural juice, water, and teas all help you stay hydrated and help fight off a cold or flu. Electrolyte solutions are another great option to keep in your kit, especially when treating small children.
4. Cough Drops: A good refreshing cough drop can really help you with a sore throat and stuffy nose. Honey lemon or cherry cough or sore throat drops will work wonders.
5. Hand Sanitizer: A little hand sanitizer goes a long way. Eliminate the possibility of passing germs around to others in the house and even from passing them back to yourself!
6. Reading Material: A good book or magazine can really help pass the time. Who knows, you might even learn a thing or two. Escape into a fantasy story that takes you far away from germs.
7. Tissues: Always pack some extra tissues in your emergency cold and flu kit. You can never have enough – you’ll be amazed at how many you go through when you’re sick.
8. Waste Basket: You’re going to need a place to toss all of those used tissues and cough drop wrappers.
9. Thermometer: It’s a good idea to have a digital thermometer close by in order to check if you’re running a fever.
10. Sanitizer Wipes: These wipes are great for wiping down doorknobs and anything else you touch to avoid germ sharing. Give your floors a good cleaning with Rejuvenate® Antibacterial Floor Cleaner to kill up to 99.99% of bacteria
11. Fresh Fruits: They say you are what you eat! Having fresh fruit on hand during a cold or the flu is an awesome idea. Oranges and other fruit that contain vitamin c will help your body’s natural defense stay strong in order to fight off a cold or the flu and they’re refreshing and taste good too.
12. Soup: Chicken noodle soup, or any favorite soup, is known to help significantly when it comes to feeling better when you’re sick.
13. Laptop: Enjoy access to the internet by having your laptop, phone or iPad handy. Electronic devices are a great way to keep yourself entertained while battling the flu.
14. Blankets: A nice soft and cozy blanket will keep you cozy and warm through your illness and, more than anything, you’ll be comfortable.
Being stuck at home with a cold or the flu can seem like an eternity for some people. Next time you’ll be ready with a well stocked Cold and Flu Emergency Supply Kit with these great tips from Air Innovations.